Wednesday, 19 November 2014


 As for the Double Exposure shots I do quite like how they turned out, they are very abstract to me as you very rarely see strange images of action shots because they don't show a huge amount of detail. But I enjoyed creating them and feel as though they could be used for something interesting like a poster or an event. I created these images by overlaying the same or different images from the same angle, rotated the images both vertically and horizontally and then applying a layer style. (as well as layer opacity and adjustment layers like brightness and contrast)


















With the scanogram images I decided to do a weird horror-look to them. I did this because of how you can move objects to create a strange distorted view on it. As shown by the hand by dragging it across the glass while it's being scanned to make it seem alien. I added the zoom burst effect to the image to make it appear like it's hitting against the glass and I think this worked really well. I also used a 'HDR toning' tool to make the colours better and bring more detail out of the image as I couldn't do this with raw processing as the scans don't produce the raw images. As for the 'trapped' Image I really like the outcome of this image. Originally it was just experimenting with the scanner but it turned out to be one of my favourite images. I did the colder blurred out look again for the horror look to the image.


For the tilt shift images I went out and tried to find some fairly busy looking images with a key point of interest. I did this to experiment with how your eyes focus on the one thing that is in focus. For the landscape I decided to keep the blur a little softer gradient as there are some interesting things in the image like the different bird life in the shot and how the clouds look in the image with the clouds creating these 'light beams' in the image. Again with a little help with the HDR toning tool.

As for this image I found some old railway lines with some old tracks and carriages on them. I really liked the old derelict look to them so I decided to get a little closer, unfortunately the tracks where fenced off and there where staff in the rail yard across from these so I couldn't get too close to them. I thought that I'd like to make the blurred parts very blurred because I wanted to highlight the key area of the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment